Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The Abernethy manuscript miscellany collection is comprised of 19 boxes (18 regular and 1 oversize) organized alphabetically by author last name. This collection includes original manuscript and typescript letters and writings from American authors throughout the 19th and 21st centuries. Transcriptions of original manuscript letters are available for some items.
Eight archival boxes of materials belonging to and assembled by Alexander Hamilton Fulton, a trustee of Middlebury College. Boxes #1 through #4 are devoted to Fulton’s Tait and Thomson ancestors; Boxes #5 through #7 contain materials and documents pertinent to Alexander Hamilton Fulton personally, his education, his travels, his tenure as college Trustee, the farm in Essex, NY on Lake Champlain, as well as material on his Fulton ancestry.
This collection includes manuscripts as well as poetry workbooks.
Materials in the collection include works generated by Julian Willis Abernethy including manuscripts of creative and critical works, holograph notes, newspaper clippings, announcements, articles, tributes, reviews and letters. Some materials are in bound volumes. Note that few documents in the collection are dated. For detailed item listing, see "Other Finding Aids" note.
Lawrance Thompson’s collection consists of three Hollinger boxes containing drafts of The Years of Triumph (1970). Included are drafts with corrections by Thompson and his designer P. J. Conkwright, as well as end notes with corrections by Thompson and his editor.
Collection contains typescript poetry manuscripts, typescript and holograph correspondence written to and by Goodman between 1978 and 1984, drafts and manuscripts, and various notes and fragments written by Goodman. For detailed inventories of materials within Series I, see "Other Finding Aids" note for that series. Note that most of the materials are undated.
Collection primarily contains typescript manuscripts written by Nicholas Delbanco between 1962 and 2001. Many documents have holograph corrections and additions. Collection also contains correspondence between Delbanco and various literary contacts, as well as research materials and notes. Note that many materials are undated.
- Subject: Manuscripts X
- Manuscripts 10
- Letters 5
- American Literature -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- 19th century 2
- Middlebury College 2
- American Poetry -- 20th century 1
- American literature -- 18th century 1
- American literature -- 19th century 1
- Authors and publishers 1
- Coeducation 1
- College trustees 1
- Diaries 1
- Genealogies 1
- Literature -- Study and teaching 1
- Manuscripts -- Vermont 1
- Middlebury College -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Middlebury College -- Women 1
- Missionaries -- Palestine -- Biography 1
- Missionaries -- Thailand -- Biography 1 + ∧ less
- Abernethy, J. W. (Julian Willis) 1
- Bird, Isaac, 1793-1876 1
- Delbanco, Nicholas 1
- Dorr, Julia C. R. (Julia Caroline Ripley), 1825-1913 1
- Fisk, Pliny, 1792-1825 1
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 1
- Fulton family 1
- Fulton, Alexander Hamilton, 1908-1986 1
- Goodman, Mitchell 1
- Johnson, Maria Hanna (Preston), 1808-1839 1
- Malam, Charles 1
- Middlebury College 1
- Preston, John Bower, 1802-1877 1
- Preston, Nathaniel Ogden, 1804-1866 1
- Stiles family 1
- Stiles, Alice M. 1
- Stiles, Ellen E. 1
- Thompson, Lawrance Roger, 1906-1973 1 + ∧ less