Class of 1945 Mary Elizabeth Wisotzkey scrapbook
Scope and Contents
This scrapbook documents Wisotzkey's college years, from 1941 to 1945. It contains, photographs, letters, programs from sporting events as well as musical and theatre performances, dance cards, academic records, receipts, newspaper clippings, and commencement materials. The scrapbook also contains documents pertaining to the second World War at Middlebury College, including political cartoons and instructions for air raid drills. Of particular note is a mock war ration book, given to Wisotzkey as a birthday gift.
- Wisotzkey, Mary Elizabeth (Person)
Biographical / Historical
From the Middlebury College General Catalog, 1950: Daughter of Harry A. and Elizabeth (Ivison) Wisotzkey. Born in York, PA, Sept. 14, 1923. Prepared for college at York Collegiate Institute. Entered Middlebury College in 1941. Member of Pi Beta Phi. Assistant Alumnae Secretary, Middlebury College, 1945-1946. Married Henry Bruce McClellan, June 15, 1946.
From the Collection: 184 Boxes
Language of Materials
B3 3 9
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donation of Mary Elizabeth Wisotzkey McClellan.
- Alumni scrapbooks
- College sports
- College students -- United States -- Social life and customs
- Commencement ceremonies
- Dance cards
- Middlebury College -- Alumni and alumnae
- Middlebury College -- Students
- Newspaper clippings
- Students -- Social life and customs
- Vermont -- Social life and custom -- 20th century
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American