Beers, Douglas Stowe (faculty), May 7, 1986
Scope and Contents
1 interview with Douglas Stowe Beers, Middlebury College Professor of English. Beers discussed his undergrad and graduate experience at Yale; salary; President Moody; Breadloaf; his experience as head of the acting department; President Stratton; his experience of chairman of the division; staff relations; student social activites; comprehensive exams; chaperoning frat parties; class stories; other job offers; female vs. male students; and Robert Frost.
- May 7, 1986
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research without restriction.
Biographical / Historical
Douglas Stowe Beers (-1989) was a Middlebury College Professor of English from 1952 to 1963.
From the Collection: 147+ Objects
1 audio cassette
Assigned identifier: a13af19860507-01
- College students -- United States -- Social life and customs
- Education of women
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963
- Greek letter societies
- Middlebury College -- Faculty
- Moody, Paul D. (Paul Dwight), 1879-1947
- Oral Histories
- Stratton, Samuel S. (Samuel Sommerville)
- Students -- Social life and customs
- Theater -- Study and teaching
- Women's education